Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hannah 100WC

 It was Saturday. 'Marvellous Saturday'... more like horrifying Saturday! The day I go to Nana's, which, coincidentally, is also my birthday. 11 today, woohoo(!). When I got there Nana bade me sit down in front of the ancient TV, monochrome pictures flickering on and off the once-pristine screen. Before she went to watch her soaps, she crooned,
" Make yourself at home, dear." And with that, she closed the door on me.

A couple of hours later, I heard peculiar noises coming from the cupboard in the kitchen. I decided to examine it. I stole quietly over to the rotting cupboard, and opened the door. Inside, there was a ragdoll slumped in one corner, arms and legs akimbo, black buttons in lieu of eyes, wooly auburn hair, and a poorly sewn mouth, evermore smiling. I knew there was something unaccountable about Nana, I just couldn't put my finger on it.
                              " Help me....." I heard a young girl whisper. I turned around to see who it was. But then, a true horror met my eyes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment