Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Daniel 100WC

Operation!
The alabaster walls of the Operation Room surround me. I grab a sharp, shiny, steel knife and dig it into the cupboard's red oak door - the handle's locked, so we have to cut into the door. I crane my neck to the left and right to have a look around the room; it calms me. Looking towards one of the corners, I see a woman, expecting the worst. She's crying - crystal clear tears walk down her face. I ask her what's wrong and why she's crying. She tells me...
          "And when I opened the cupboard door, that happened." She points to the cupboard, it's insides filled with horrible toxins, alongside a stagnant smell of hand wash...

2 comments:

  1. I really like this story. I love, absolutely love, how you described the woman crying. "She's crying - crystal clear tears walk down her face," made me really picture a woman crying in the corner, with her head down, eyes burning from the tears slowly walking or rolling down her face, ever so gently. Keep up the great writing skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel,
    This is an excellent 100WC story. It is well structured with some wonderful description, great pace and the reader is right in the story. I love your added information you give E.g. "expecting the worst".
    Great job! Keep it up!
    Laura A, Team100, Luxembourg

    ReplyDelete